Instagram is a great way to share your life with friends in a fun and creative way. And with its growing collections of filters, you can now add a touch of Disney Pixar magic to your stories, reels, and posts.
Please note that it’s not that filter that will transform your face into a 3D Disney character.
If you’re referring to the 3D cartoon filter that lets you change your face into a Disney Pixar character, you can go directly to the #2 section of this page.
In This Post
How to Get The Disney Pixar Filter on Instagram
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to get the Disney Pixar filter on Instagram.
- To start, open the app and swipe right to open Instagram story.
- On the shutter button, swipe all the way to the right until you see “Browse effects” with magnifying glass icon.
- Tap on the magnifying glass icon. This will open the Instagram Effect gallery.
- Search on the gallery by tapping on the magnifying glass icon on the top right corner.
- Type “Disney Pixar”, and you’ll see a list of all the filters available.
- Choose one that’s perfect for your story, then tap on “Try it“.
- You can also save the filter to use later by tapping on the bookmark icon.
That’s it! Now you know how to get the Disney Pixar filter on Instagram. So go ahead and add some magic to your stories.
Looking for That 3D Cartoon Character filter? Try this instead.
Here’s what you need to know… the cartoon 3D style filter is only available on Snapchat and is developed by Snapchat itself.
So if you’re looking for the same exact filter like this, you won’t find it on Instagram.
To this day, Instagram still doesn’t have a filter that gives you a similar result, if not the same as, the Snapchat cartoon 3D filter.
So, this method will involve Snapchat to achieve the result that you can post on Instagram later. This is the only way to do it.
And here’s the step-by-step tutorial.
- First, install Snapchat and create an account if you haven’t already. Then, open the app.
- Once you’re on the app, open the camera and tap on the search icon at the top right corner.
- Type “cartoon 3D style“, and you’ll see a list of 3D cartoon filters.
- Choose the filter with the name Cartoon 3D Style or Cartoon by Snapchat itself.
- Tap or hold the shutter button to start making a snap.
- Once you have created a snap, save the video to your smartphone.
- Next, open Instagram and go to story.
- Upload the video that you have saved from Snapchat. And there you have it!
- That’s how you can get the Disney Pixar filter on Instagram.
Why Instagram Doesn’t Have the Cartoon 3D Filter?
Instagram and Snapchat are using different technologies to create filters. Snapchat, with Lens Studio, offers more intricate and detailed filters that can change your appearance in a snap.
On the other hand, Instagram uses Spark AR to create its filters. While Spark AR offers a wide range of possibilities, it doesn’t offer the same level of detail as Snapchat’s Lens Studio–at least not yet.
What is the cartoon filter called on Instagram?
Some of the best Instagram filter that mimic Snapchat’s cartoon 3D style filter are: CARTOON FACE by triutra, Cartoon Princess by paigepiskin, Disney Prince by manuborrero, disney prince by fltr.collective, and Cartoon Face by karmaismydog.