If you’re like most Instagram users, you might want to change your bio pretty regularly. Maybe you want to reflect a new personal milestone, or just keep your bio fresh and interesting.
Whatever the reason, if you need to know how to change your bio on Instagram, we’ve got you covered.
In this step-by-step guide, we’ll walk you through the process of making changes to your bio. Keep reading for all the details!
How to Change Instagram Bio through The App
Whether you’re on Android or iOS, the process for changing your bio on Instagram is pretty much the same. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open the Instagram app and log in to your account.
- Tap on the “Profile” icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Once you’re on your profile page, tap “Edit Profile” in the top right corner.
- Scroll down to “Bio” and tap on it. You should now be able to edit your bio!
- Make any changes you want, then tap the check mark (✓) or “Done” in the top right corner when you’re finished.
How to Change Instagram Bio through PC Browser
If you’re using a PC browser, the process is a little different. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open the Instagram website and log in to your account.
- Click on your profile picture in the top right corner of the screen.
- This will open a dropdown menu. Click on “Settings“. You’ll be redirected to the Edit profile page.
- Scroll down a bit to “Bio” and click on the text box. You should now be able to edit your bio!
- Make any changes you want, then click “Submit” button in the bottom right corner when you’re finished.
And that’s all there is to it! Just remember that you can always go back and make changes to your bio anytime you want.
What to Keep in Mind When Making Changes to Your Instagram Bio
Now that you know how to change your bio, there are a few things you should keep in mind before making any changes.
- First and foremost, remember that your bio is limited to 150 characters. So make sure that whatever you include is concise and to the point!
- Your bio is also one of the first things people will see when they visit your profile, so you want to make sure it’s reflective of who you are and what you’re all about.
- Think about what you want people to know about you, and include that in your bio.
- If you’re ever stuck on what to write, try looking at some of your favorite Instagram accounts for inspiration, or read this useful resource by the Preview App.
- Instagram bio doesn’t allow you to add line breaks, but you can use this trick to add space to your Instagram bio.
- Thinking of adding location to your Instagram bio? Here’s everything you need to know: how to add location to your Instagram bio.
And that’s all there is to changing your bio on Instagram! We hope this guide was helpful. If you have any other questions about using Instagram, be sure to leave a comment below or check out our Instagram Guide.