Reposting someone else’s story is a great way to share content you love with your followers.
But, it can be a little tricky to figure out how to do it, especially when you’re not tagged in the original story.
Because, as you may already know, Instagram only allows reposting someone’s story when they tagged you.
That’s why, in this post, we will share a step-by-step guide on how you can repost Instagram stories from anyone, even if you’re not tagged in (with a little trick).
Let’s find out!
How to Repost Instagram Story When Someone Tagged You
If someone has tagged you in their story, reposting is easy. Just follow these steps:
- Open your DM and look for the message from anyone that says “Mentioned you in their story“, then, tap on that message.
- Tap on the ‘Add to Your Story‘ button.
- Instagram Story editor will open up with that person’s story. You can customize, resize, add text, stickers, emojis, and anything you like on it.
- Once you’re done customizing, tap on the ‘Send To‘ button and select ‘My Story‘.
- Please note that Instagram Story only lasts 24 hours, so make sure to repost it before it disappears.
That’s how you repost someone’s story when you’re tagged in it. Pretty simple. You might have known that already. (Right?)
Now, let’s move on to the next section where we’ll show you how to repost Instagram Stories when you’re not tagged.
How to Repost Instagram Story When You’re Not Tagged In
Instagram doesn’t allow users to repost other people’s stories unless you’re tagged in it.
So, if you want to repost someone’s story but they haven’t tagged you, there’s a little bit more work involved.
But don’t worry, we’ll walk you through the steps.
The easy way: Just download the story!
This method is the easiest way to repost a story, no matter if it’s a photo or a video. No screenshot or screen-recording involved.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to storysaver.net.
- Enter the username of the person you want to repost the story from.
- Tap on “Download” button.
- Verify that you’re not a robot by tapping on the checkbox.
- The tool will display all the stories from that account.
- Find the story you want to repost and tap on the “Save as Photo” or “Save as Video” button.
- Now that you have downloaded the story, you can upload it as a story to your Instagram account.
- Mention the username of the person who posted the story so they’ll know you’re reposting it.
Easy, isn’t it?
The not-so-easy way: Screenshot
This maybe seems easy. But you’ll still need to do some cropping when necessary. This method also works for photos only.
- First, take a screenshot of the story. You can use the default screenshot feature or third party apps.
- Crop unwanted parts of the screenshot, like the notification and nav bar.
- Put the screenshot to your Instagram Story. Customize it the way you like.
- If you want, mention the username of the person who posted the story so they’ll know you’re reposting it.
- Once you’re done editing, upload it as a new story. And that’s it!
The hard way: Screen-record (ugh!)
The screenshot method above only works when the story is in a form of a photo.
What if the story you want to repost is a video or a photo with gifs stickers?
Then, you will need to use a screen recorder OR you can just use the first method instead.
Here’s how you can do it using screen-record:
- Start a screen recording on your phone. If your phone doesn’t have a built-in screen recorder, install a screen recorder app to do it.
- Go to the story you want to repost and start playing it.
- Stop the recording when the story is over.
- Trim the video to your desired length. If your phone doesn’t have a built-in video editor, you may need to install a third-party video editor app to do this.
- Crop the video to get rid of any unwanted parts (if necessary).
- Upload it as a new story and mention the username of the person who posted it.
The alternative way: Ask them to tag you
If you personally know the person who posted the story, you can ask them to tag you before they post a story.
Or if the story is just published a few minutes ago, you can ask them to remove it and publish a new one. Don’t forget to tag you this time.
That way, you won’t have any problem reposting their story. And they’ll also be happy that you’re reposting their content.
Wrap It Up
And that’s how you repost Instagram stories – both when you’re tagged in them and not.
Was this guide helpful for you? If you have any questions, please let me know in the comments below.