We know it’s frustrating when you have added line breaks to your Instagram bio or caption to make it look catchy and easy-to-read, but instead, you end up with a messy text formatting when it’s published.
While you can use emojis, dots, or symbols as a workaround to add some extra space, it’s not exactly the most elegant solution. And maybe it’s not what you’re looking for.
So in this quick guide, I’ll show you how to add line breaks to your Instagram bio, caption, or comment – the right way.
In This Post
Adding Line Breaks to Instagram Bio using Online Tool
The first (and I think the fastest) method is to use online tools. There are many websites out there that offers a free tool that lets you add line breaks to your Instagram bio easily.
Here are two of my favorites:
You can choose whichever website you’re comfortable with. They’re all free and easy to use.
- To use this tool, simply open one of the website above.
- Then, enter your bio text in the given field and click on the ‘Copy to clipboard‘ button.
- Once you’re done, copy the formatted text and paste it into your Instagram bio.
- Save changes and see the magic happens!
That’s it! You have successfully added line breaks to your Instagram bio.
Adding Line Breaks to Instagram Bio using Third-party Apps
Another method that you can use to add line breaks to your Instagram bio is by using third-party apps.
This method is useful for when you frequently so you don’t need to open a browser and go to the website every time you want to add line breaks.
I recommend two apps as they’re both simple, easy-to-use, no annoying ads, and just straight to the point.
- Caption Writer for Instagram (freemium)
- Spacie – Clean Line Breaks ($2.99)
I’ll show you what each of the apps look like and how to use them.
1. Caption Writer for Instagram (Freemium)
This app is available on both iOS and Android devices. It has both a free and premium subscription (in-app purchases).
The free version is more than enough to let you add line breaks to your Instagram bio (and caption).
There are some additional features that I think would nice to have as well:
- Caption Library (limited), useful for when you’re feeling stuck writing caption.
- Font Styles (limited), free font styles to make your bio and caption look more fancy.
- Save your work – yes, this app lets you save your text. Very useful for when you’re stuck in the middle of creating captions and want to continue writing it later.
2. Spacie – Clean Line Breaks ($2.99 – Lifetime)
Spacie is an app developed by the man behind Apps4Life – the free online tool I mentioned above.
This app is available on both Android and iOS that you can download for only $2.99 for a lifetime.
With this app, you can add styling such as bold and italic, but there’s no additional features like font styles, caption library, etc.
This app is purely a simple line break tool that does the job very well. Nothing more and nothing less. That’s why this app is very lightweight.
If you prefer a minimalistic, rock solid app that just works, then this is the app for you.
Adding Line Breaks to Instagram Bio Manually
If you don’t want to use any third-party tool, then you can add line breaks to your Instagram bio manually as well.
To do this, simply copy below characters (the space between brackets) and paste it next to the last character where you want to create a line break.
However, this will add nine invisible characters to your text every time you use it.
So, please keep that in mind when you’re writing your bio because Instagram limits bio to 150 characters only.
That’s it! These are three methods that you can use to add line breaks to your Instagram bios.
I hope this quick guide is helpful and you can now add some extra space to your bio. If you have any questions or know another method, feel free to leave a comment below.