The Instagram Story is a fantastic tool for sharing your daily activities with your friends. You can add all sorts of elements to your Stories, including stickers, place, hours, and even temperature to add context to your photo or video.
By adding the temperature, you can let your followers know what the weather is like from where you are. This is a great way to give them a snapshot of your day-to-day life!
In this post, we’ll show you how to add temperature to Instagram Story, whether you’re using Fahrenheit or Celsius.
In This Post
- Can’t Find The Temperature Sticker? Do This!
- Adding Temperature to Instagram Story
Can’t Find The Temperature Sticker? Do This!
The Instagram temperature sticker only works when you turn your Location on. It’s because the sticker detects your location in real-time to display an accurate weather.
If you don’t turn on your location, you won’t find the temperature sticker.
So, before you proceed to further, make sure that your GPS is turned on. Here’s how to do it:
- Swipe down the notification bar.
- Tap Location icon on quick panel to turn it on.
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Tap Privacy > Location Services.
- Turn on Location Services.
Now that you have turned on the location, let’s proceed to add the temperature sticker to Instagram Story.
Adding Temperature to Instagram Story
- Open the Instagram app’s camera. You can do that by swiping right, or tapping the plus icon at the top right, or tapping your profile picture on the Story bar.
- Take a photo, video, or choose the existing one from your gallery. You can also repost someone’s story instead.
- Tap on the add sticker (it’s the smiley face icon) on the top right or just swipe up to open sticker list.
- Select the Temperature sticker from the list. It’s usually shown in Fahrenheit scale (depending on the place where you live).
- If you want to change it to Celsius or vice versa, tap on the sticker a few times until it shows Celsius/Fahrenheit scale.
- You can then drag and drop the sticker to wherever you want on your Story.
- You can also pinch in or out on the sticker to resize its size.
- Once you’re satisfied with the position and size of the sticker, tap on Your story or Close friends to publish it.
And that’s how you can add the temperature sticker to your Instagram story.
Will the sticker show the temperature in Celsius or Fahrenheit?
It depends on your current location. If you’re living in a country that uses Celsius, then it will show up in Celsius. If you live in a place that uses Fahrenheit, then it will be displayed in Fahrenheit.
How do I change the temperature from Fahrenheit to Celsius?
You can do that by tapping on the sticker a few times until it shows Celsius/Fahrenheit scale.
Why is my temperature sticker missing?
Most of the time, it’s probably because you haven’t turned on your location. The Instagram temperature sticker only works when you give it a location permission.
What type of story can I add the temperature sticker to?
You can add the sticker to any type of story, whether it’s a text only, photo, video, or a reel.
Can I add the temperature sticker to my existing story?
No, it’s not possible to add the sticker to an existing story. One way to do it is to delete your story and publish a new one. Don’t forget to include the temperature sticker this time.