Do you feel bored of seeing the same posts in your explore feed? Or do you feel that the content on your explore feed is not relevant to your interests?
If so, then it’s time to reset your explore page!
In this guide, we will show you how to reset your Instagram explore page in just two steps.
This will give you a fresh start and allow you to see new content in your feed and re-build Instagram’s relevancy to your interest as well.
1. Clearing Search History
The first step is by clearing your search history.
When you do this, it will reset the algorithm that Instagram uses to show you content in your explore feed.
To clear your search history, follow these steps:
- Go to your profile page and click on the three lines in the top right corner.
- Tap on Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Security.
- At the bottom of the menu, tap on Clear Search History.
- Then, tap on Clear all at the top right of the screen.
- A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm your action. Select Clear all.
If you can’t find the Clear Search History option on your Security settings, follow these steps:
- On your profile page, click on the three lines in the top right corner.
- Tap on Your Activity.
- Tap on Recent Searches.
- Tap on Clear all at the top right of the screen.
- A pop-up will appear, select Clear all.
And that’s it! Once you’ve done this, the algorithm will reset and start showing you fresh content in your explore feed.
2. Tell Instagram What You Like and Don’t Like
The next step is by telling Instagram what kind of content you like and don’t like.
You can do this by following these steps:
Telling Instagram What We Don’t Like
- Go to your explore page, and find a content that you don’t like.
- Tap on it and select the three dots at the top right of the post.
- Then, tap on Not Interested.
When we do that, a pop-up will appear and says, “This post has been hidden. We’ll show fewer posts like this from now on.”
Telling Instagram What We Like
- Find a type of content that you’re interested in.
- Just hit like, save, or leave a comment on that post.
When we engage with a post, Instagram recognizes that we’re interested in that topic and it will start to show us more content like that.
Repeat this process for every few post on your explore page so Instagram can get a better understanding of your interests.
We want to make sure that the Instagram algorithm knows what kind of stuff we enjoy seeing more on our explore page and what’s not.
Wrap it Up
Resetting your Instagram explore page is a great way to get rid of irrelevant posts and see new content that better aligns with your interests.
This can be done in just two easy steps, as we have outlined in this guide.
By clearing your search history and telling Instagram what kind of content you like and don’t like, you can help the algorithm reset and show you better content in your explore feed.